"In dog beers, I've only had one!"

Sunday, March 18, 2012

My First Beer!


Buzzard Brew, Batch I, West Coast Pale Ale. This was made from the stock Mr Beer starter kit. I was pleasantly surprised by it's NON mediocre taste! Sure, it resembles a domestic BMC (Bud-Miller-Coors) but it is bubbly and tasty! Looking forward to how the other 7 quarts will taste as they continue to cold condition. Overall a 7/10.

And as soon as I finish dinner, I'm off to the Man Cave to bottle Batch II - the Englishman's Nut Brown Ale. This is also a stock Mr Beer kit, but this one includes Unhopped Malt Extract instead of the powered "Booster". Should be a completely different experience.

Follow-up:

I will not be able to begin Batch III any time soon. Not enough empty bottles.... but when I get ready I'll have to decide what to make - Canadian Draft, Vienna Lager, Irish Stout, a Wheat (Weizenbier), or another Pale Ale. Gonna be a fun spring/summer!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear! Came across your blog via a forum (I think) as I just finally got around to brewing my first batch from the same kit. Except I've had mine on-hand for a year. Whoops. Sounds like there's something to look forward to in about six weeks, though.

    ReplyDelete