"In dog beers, I've only had one!"

Monday, February 20, 2012

Why "Picobrewing"???


Well, a microbrewery is defined in the US by the American Brewers Association as making 15,000 US beer barrels (1.8 million liters) of beer annually, while a nanobrewery is one that has a brew system that can make a maximum of 4 USBB (470 liters) at a time.  My system can make a maximum of 2 gallons (8 liters) at once, and even with two systems operating simultaneously I can crank out a maximum of just under 800 liters a year.  So if not a microbrewery, and not a nanobrewery, I guess I've got a picobrewery!

Adventures in Picrobrewing!

There's also a limit somewhere in Indiana law regarding how much I can brew at home in a year, but with my system being only 40% the size of a traditional 5-gallon homebrewing system, and with folks running multiple carboys at a time in that type of a setup, I am confident that I'm well WELL under that cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment