"In dog beers, I've only had one!"

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Embrace The Dark Side

Thought about the Dark Epiphany debut all day.

Worked late.

Made a side trip after work that required I drive around a whole lot of construction.

Stopped at the grocery store.

Walked the dog.

Fed the dog.

Updated my blog about the side trip after work.  :)

Fixed dinner.

Ate dinner.

Cleaned up the kitchen.

Pulled BB-III #1 out of the back of the primary refrigeration unit, grabbed one of my favorite pint glasses, and took a deep breath while I flipped open the lid.

"Ka-phwump!"

Okay, I probably should have expected a pretty powerful blast of pressure as the bottle lid was released.  After all, this was the first recipe I had carbonated in Grolsch glass bottles, and they're not exactly designed to let stuff out accidentally.  But when I cracked the seal and the lid was fairly forcefully shoved out of the way while all the gasses shot out, I was a little worried that I was moments away from having a beer gusher on my hands.  So while I immediately moved to the sink with the bottle, I completely neglected to enjoy the wonderful beer/yeast aroma that had just filled my kitchen.  Oh no, that won't happen again!

First pour (see photo).  Well, it certainly looks good!

Tasting....  <takei> Oh My! </takei>

Fantastic!  Wow. I mean..... Wow! If not for the absence of a waterfall just after pouring and a slightly "softer" aftertaste than the commercial product, I would not be able to tell you that I was not drinking a Guinness. And I've got TWO GALLONS!!!!

Good thing it's a work night. I'd hate to have to count my servings in "dog beers" this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment