"In dog beers, I've only had one!"

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Keepin' Up With The Joneses

I've fallen a little behind in updating the blog, but the brewing has been ongoing!  Here's an update to get everything re-synched.

May 15 - First pour, Shaved Amadeus Vienna Lager (BB-IV).  This was a milestone, but not because I taped it for YouTube posterity. No, it just so happened that on this day I completely filled the primary cold conditioning unit and has absolutely no more room for the beers coming out of the pipeline.  I had managed to only squeeze one-half of the BB-IV batch in and left the other gallons' worth of beer in the conditioning cabinet to continue to carbonate.

More time wouldn't hurt the beer, and might even enhance the flavor, but it didn't help that I had two more fermenters full of beer that would need some place to go once bottled.
 
May 20 - 1st half New World Czech Pilsner (BB-V) into cold conditioning

May 26 - 1st half of Farty Monk Belgian Dubbel (BB-VI)  into cold conditioning

May 27 - 2nd half of Shaved Amadeus (BB-IV) into cold conditioning, and Nimblejack Blonde Ale (BB-VIII) brewed

June 10 - 2nd half of New World  (BB-V) and Farty Monk (BB-VI) both enter cold conditioning, Nimblejack (BB-VIII) was bottled, and Browncoat Ale (BB-IX) was brewed.

What's up next:
  • This week: Bottling the still-unnamed Christmas Stout and setting it back for a long 6-month wait.  Of course, I need to solve my Grolsch Carbonation problem first - oh, I haven't talked about that yet have I?  Stand by, that'll deserve its' own blog post...
  • Weekend after next: Nimblejack (BB-VIII) will enter cold conditioning.
  • AND Browncoat Ale (BB-IX) will be bottled...
  • AND Ten If By Giant Robot Black Lager (BB-X) will be brewed... my first experiment!
I may opt to let one or two of the items for the weekend of the 24th get delayed a week... otherwise I'll be conditioning, bottling, and brewing three different beers one weekend, then doing nothing the following weekend.  Need a little bit more elbow room than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment