"In dog beers, I've only had one!"

Monday, April 16, 2012

Label Options


Though I never expect to ACTUALLY slap any labels onto my beer bottles, I need some help because I'm not all that artistically inclined. Which of these two possible labels for my first beer, the Pale Ale, do you prefer?

Discussion:

  • Urraca Y: I like the color scheme on the right better. I think you should move the drop shadow under "Angry Weasel" closer to the main words (as in the label on the left) so the the "y" shadow is not touching the "L" in "PALE". Is it "BB-L" or "BB-J" ? Blackletter caps make it hard to tell. Bold block letters might be better. You might also consider tightening the kerning on each side of the apostrophe in "BUZZARD'S".
  • Mike W: Will there be any left in July
  • Me: Not of this batch of Weasel, but I plan to make another before then. I actually plan to make several other batches of different styles before I get back to the Pale Ale
  • Me: @Urraca: good tips, all. I'll go with the right label, but will fix the drop shadow and the kerning. The "BB" element is the batch number, in roman numerals. It should read BB-I but with that font I can make it BB-1 and have it appear as I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment